I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. We spent Saturday in Chicago. My daughter Jules will be 6 next Saturday the 19th. My daughter Justine who is now 18 had started a nice collection of the American Girl dolls. Her Godmother and Grandmother bought her everyone so needless to say Jules inherited these. She wanted a doll of her own to pick out so we took her to the American Girl Store downtown Chicago in Water Tower Place. We had a lovely day and to my amazement Jules did not want everything she saw or even have a meltdown. Pretty unusual. She picked out Elizabeth who is best friends with Felicity and we bought an outfit and some other accessories.
Then on to me. I knew for the fall I wanted a new handbag and some ballet flats. I love fashion but my taste is so expensive and I have a poor mans budget so I never get what I see so I settle for what is useful and affordable. Usually everything I pick up from shoes to jeans is a minimum of 100.00 to 300. Can't afford that ever so we stopped at H & M. Chicago has the biggest I have been in. 3 or 4 stories. I actually found what I need. Ballet flats for 14.00 and a gorgeous bag for 24.00. Perfect. They are even in my favorite color. So now I am so excited to get them out and use them.
We ended the day at our favorite restaurant the Hard Rock Cafe. My husband plays the guitar so this is fun for him. U2 was in town for a concert at Soldier Field but didn't get to see them around.
We had a great trip and will be heading back for sure at Christmas time but I am sure before that....
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I love Chicago. Sounds like you had such a nice time. I love your handbag and shoes. I can just picture you wearing them. Very chic!
ReplyDeleteI always love going to the city...now I have time to go with Jules in school during the day if I want. H & M has some good stuff. If you are looking for trends and it is reasonable. I can't wait to use them....
ReplyDelete