BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, June 7, 2009

My little dancer



Yesterday was the long awaited for dance recital.  It takes a whole year of dance to prepare for this big event.  It is a 2 day show but my daughter is in one class so her routine was on Sat.  This is a really big event for the kids and their is some amazing talent out there.  I love to watch the older girls do their hip hop and tap....they are the ones that do the competing and the dance troop wins a lot of times.  The show was 3 hrs. long and my daughter danced towards the end but she is a trooper.   They don't let you photo or video tape during the performance so these are a couple of shots before we left the house.  This was a mambo song they danced too.  This was her second year in creative dance now we move on to ballet beginning and tap beginning.  We are doing a combo class this summer of ballet and tap.  I am not sure if we are doing a recital show this following year or not being she is going to be in Kindergarten all day everyday this year we will see.

As a child my passion was dance.  I was in baton and I can still twirl and tap and jazz and acrobats.  I never did ballet.  I so loved it and I kept it up til we moved when I was 13.  I would of kept going if we hadn't of moved.  So in high school I did poms which I really loved.  I got to create our teams dances for the games.  We always seemed to use my dance routines the most which is an honor so I hope this youngest of mine will continue to dance.  I just love it....It is dedication and work but it pays off.  Also expensive...but what isn't....Did anyone out there dance...I hope you enjoy your day....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God, she's simply adorable! I never did dance as a kid - but I dance like hell when I'm alone in the house nowadays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa and thank you...you made me laugh so hard when I read this...I actually dance around a lot too...At least we can still have some fun right?

    ReplyDelete