Monday, June 15, 2009
Something I never thought I would see in my neighborhood
So yesterday we were leaving our house to go to my father in laws for dinner. I couldn't believe what we saw. Two houses down new people moved in. I haven't seen much of them so they are quiet. We live in a manufactured home community and years ago it started out basically as a place for senior retirement living but single family resident starting buying places and that changed. So anyway, there are a lot of seniors who live in here and I think there are some grade school girls that live next to this new neighbor. Any way this guy was mowing his lawn. He has to be maybe in his 30's and he was wearing a speedo and tennis shoes. I about died. Mind you we live in the midwest in a little town in Illinois called Sandwich. We are known for the big Sandwich Fair we have here every yr. We see a lot of cornfields not speedos. People just do not wear those here. So please don't take offense if anyones spouses or etc. wear them. I almost peed my pants. There was nothing left to the imagination I am saying and I am sure the neighbors were just dying. Men hear swim in swim trunks , swim shorts. This man really put himself out there. If I was thinking fast enough I should of snapped a photo with my phone but who knew? Just had to share!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ahh, so that was a rather exotic, unusual sight then? I wonder what his girl friend/wife would wear if she had mowed the lawn... Manolos?
ReplyDeleteWow! I've never seen someone doing that in Indiana, California, Tennessee, or Florida.
ReplyDeleteHi Vanessa and Phyrra, I don't think I want to know what the lady of the house will wear. Oh my goodness. I just can't believe it. I have seen Europeans wearing them at the beach in Connecticut and in Arizona at the pool but here in the sticks. i am still laughing. People can be crazy...
ReplyDeleteOn the positive side, at least he has self-confidence.
ReplyDelete