BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, February 8, 2010

I look like I am from some Sci Fi show....

Oh what can I say...I botched up this whole look.  I wasn't going to share it but all the time I spent on it I thought what the heck.  So the products I used were from the new Stardust Collection Facettes de la Femme collection.  Very pretty bright colors.  These were a little harder for me to work with.  I know you are suppose to use a sticky base.  I did use Mac Painterly for a base.  I just kept piling things on til I got something to look decent.  So here is what I did....

Eyes
UD primer potion
Mac Painterly paint pot
lid Stardust Pulse
crease Magical Muse
outer crease Fyrinnae Cookie Dough
I then used Stardust Snow and Mac Gesso to blend out the brow bone
I then decided to add another color so I went with something more intense Stardust PureFemme and put this directly into the crease and the outer lid and blended up.
I then added more Mac Gesso to blend out crease and took that down to the inner eye
I applied more Stardust Pulse to lid and blended everything.
Lined top and lower lashline with UD Ransom liner and the bottom inner with UD Gunmetal
Then along the lower lashline I applied Pure Femme and Pulse and blended together
Rimmel black mascara

Face
Meow Pampered Puss mineral foundation
Fyrinnae Mesmerize blush and added a little of Mac on a mission blush on top of the apples of the cheek
Blended that together
Applied Stardust clear photofinishing powder
I then lightly dusted Ether Finishing powder over that....It is a blue powder but doesn't show up blue

Lips
Occ lip tar in Katricia
I couldn't smile because too much came out and my teeth were purple....go figure...

So, kinda spooking looking...It grew on me and I am not going out today so it is ok.  I think I would glow in the dark.

I like the colors but they came off kinda matty...I love mattes but these looked really bright in the bag.  I will have to work with them and I am sure I can figure it out.

I do not like how my foundation came out.  Maybe I am just used to the full coverage thing but I prefer my Clinique matte liquid foundation.  I just am not a mineral lover of foundation.  Doesn't give me that flawless look. I am still sick with something so that could be it too...Who knows...Has anyone else ordered from Stardust's new collection?  If so I would like to see some looks...Have a good one...

5 comments:

  1. I actually think this is awesome!!!! And holy crap, I want to steal that lippie from you! I think this is really striking...ethereal, lovely!

    I haven't ordered the new collection yet, I have to wait til I get my tax return back! I can't wait, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa Kate! Aw thanks...I just felt like I was weird or something. The lippie is great. Occ has some great lip tars. Check them out. I do think they might me a little expensive. I can't remember but the product lives forever. Tiny bit. You made my day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!

    I love this look! Pure femme is a little tricker to work with but once you get it, it is a hot color! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there Stardustcolor....Thank you. Pure Femme is an awesome color. What I am going to do is do some swatching with it using different brushes to see how that changes the application. I am thinking painterly is also too matte for underneath that color. I am going to work with it because I believe that is one I will get a full size of for sure....I love that blue finishing powder...So subtle but pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my samples of the collection today and can't wait to play in them. I think you look marvalous! I want that lippie too!

    ReplyDelete