Friday, July 24, 2009
Beauty
How many of you have ever sat and wondered what beauty really means. I have. We see beauty portrayed on TV as these skinny picture perfect people who don't seem to have a care in the world. That is not beauty to me. Beauty is how a person carries themselves. You don't have to have a pretty face to be beautiful to me. I love people who are warm and welcoming and can have fun without being a spectacle. I love seeing someone dressed to the 9's and makeup can be perfect but have the most amazing personality. Beauty is how you portray yourself. Don't try to copy someone else be yourself and be happy with who you are. We get so caught up in trying to be someone else we forget who we are and people like us the way we are. Be caring and helpful and it will make you shine. That is what beauty means to me. How about you? Have you ever thought about it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sweetheart I couldn't agree with you more. It's so great to go somewhere and people give you a warm, sincere smile instead of watching you from head to feet. For me it's very important that kids learn more about how to be social, respect others and grow up to be educated but humble professionals.
ReplyDeleteI get worried sometimes because you see all these magazines today with all the photoshop and I think "is this what teenagers see? this is unreal" And that affects the definition of beauty in the mind of youngters. I know I suffered too much during my teens and during my 20s because I was always fat. I took me years to accept that I could be thiner but not thin (like my perfectly thin cousins, hahaha).
I like to dress and look good but I cannot let makeup and clothes define me, because at the end of the day, that comes off and I have to go to sleep with myself.
I always feel the need to teach my kids to look over cute things, pretty faces and well dressed people and dig more, see and understand each person's character.
You could be a size 0, have gorgeous hair and body, but if that is everything there is....mmmm...to me you are ugly. Oh, and being a pottymouth doesn't help either.
Amen!!!! I agree with you totally....Thanks for your comment. I loved what you said...
ReplyDelete