Finally my daughter had no choice but to watch my youngest while I went out for a couple of hours. Wow was it nice. I got invited to go for a makeover at my Mary Kay consultants house. It was so nice to play skin care and makeup. I was a consultant on and off for many years but I cannot stay faithful to one brand. I am too much of a junkie and I love to try things.
I really do love their skincare line. For the price it does a great job. Their makeup is pretty nice but not bright enough for me of course so when I want to go subtle that is what I normally use. I love their liners and mascara and I have always been partial to their blushes and lip products. So I did purchase a blush, a really cool blue eyeliner and a lipstick and gloss. I only have the gloss because her ordered didn't come in so hopefully I get it soon.
My whole problem is I enjoy the people and the parties but they can be so closed minded. It drives me crazy sometimes. I won't use their cleanser because I bought the Clarisonic brush and you can't use anything that would be abrasive and their cleanser has exfoliaters in it. I was told not to use a brush on my face. It was bad for me. The brush doesn't spin for one it like vibrates and I purchased it from the Medical Spa that I go to and they use it there. Good gravy....You can love and use Mary Kay and love and use other lines too. I go crazy with the whole thing sometimes.
I do love their compacts by the way too. I purchased one off of ebay for 1/2 the price. They are very handy and magnetic so the colors go in and out easy.
I did have a good time though and was so glad to do something..

I'm glad you got to go out!
ReplyDeleteYou need to do it more often!
Your daughter needs to help you.
It's really good for you to get out and have fun with some other ladies, especially with makeup :)
Hey there Phyrra....I know..you and I have discussed this before. She just doesn't understand that this has almost broken me this week. My husband feels so bad but what can we do. He has to work and nights is it for now. He may get on days when school starts and that will help. Justine is suppose to help out picking Jules up from school in the fall so she says. I would rather gather with ladies who use the same makeup I use but hey I will take what I can. It was fun to just socialize...
ReplyDeleteI totally understand about the whole "you should only use one makeup line!" thing! I went to cos school at an Aveda institute and if you wore ANYTHING (including lotion, lipstick, eyeshadow, anything!) that was non-Aveda you could get sent home! Aveda makeup is very...subtle. I like bright bold eyes and pink sparkly blush and that was sooo not okay there. The teachers were so into it that they would freak if someone used a bath & body works lotion! I use tons of different makeup brands now, it sucks to not have that freedom :o(
ReplyDelete