BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Illamasqua




Finally the long awaited products have come from Illamasqua. I have been wanting to try something from the line so I purchased foundation and the limited Powdered Metal in Bebhonin. The powdered metal sells out as fast as they get it in so I wanted to try it out.

I got the light liquid foundation in color LF220 This is suppose to balance and correct uneven skintone and apply easily. It is a light coverage with a satin finish that is suppose to last all day long.
I think it might me a little light for my skintone, but it seemed to look better once I applied the powder. That is the good thing with foundation that is a little light. You can always add more color.
I used a foundation brush and it was a little hard to spread. I think it is dry. Maybe next time I will dampen my brush and then apply it. It didn't cover my uneven pigmentation super well but nothing does. So far I am liking it. Of course it has only been one day.

Next is the Powdered Metal. This is really amazing. I loved the effect this gave me. Such a light pretty glow. This I would highly recommend. You can apply with the puff or with a brush. I used a large fiber optic brush. You can do it lightly or intense. I just really love this.

I got my products on line at www.illamasqua.com. That comes straight from London. Didn't take to long but came thru the mail. The price was outrageous. I couldn't believe it. Very expensive.

Now this brand is available at Sephora.com and a limited # of Sephoras. Not everything is available at Sephora.com . The two items I bought are not available at Sephora.com. I hope they eventually will carry everything because I can't afford to purchase from the online store.

Sephora did have a lot of their eyeshadows so I did order one but only because the name of it is Jules. That is my daughters name so of course I am sold. They are 20.00 a shadow. Most of their shadows are matt. Very few shimmers but some really beautiful colors.

A gorgeous booklet came along with my products. Very very gorgeous pictures. I has all there products and shows you some of the looks and what products they used so really nice to have. I am glad that I purchased these items. I am sad at how much it cost but so far it is worth it.

Are any of you interested in this line? Does anyone have any of their products already? Let me know what you think!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Your eyes look really pretty and your face looks very illuminated, sort of bronzed. It's nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice, worth the wait because you look so nice in those colors..wow..so pretty, fresh and very summery! oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Phyrra...Thanks so much. I really loved the eyes yesterday. They came out really good for a change...
    @Painthead Thank you and it was worth the wait. I am really liking this brand. I am scared it is going to end up costing me a fortune...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got interested just now :D Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nea, thanks so much...I have been looking at this brand and been so hesitant because it so so expensive to purchase. But I am glad I did and now I can get some of it at sephora.com...It is fun to play with...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the finish and the slight glow. Of course that's how I like mine, not too matte. Do you like the coverage it gives you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lyndsey...I like matte with a little shine. I really do love this coverage. It is medium so it doesn't cover all my discolorations but I like the way it looks not super flat or real shiny. Sometimes I think also depending on the skin product I use sometimes my skin looks oiler.

    ReplyDelete