I haven't tried the Illamasqua color yet because I wanted to save a little money before I did so but while looking thru their catalog I saw they had a eyeshadow named Jules. My husband said immediately to buy. Hey no problem. I can do that. That is my 5 yr. olds name so of course I had to buy it. Luckily Sephora had it. It is a matte brown which I don't have very many of. This matte shadow is wonderful to work with and blends so easily over eyeshadow primer. I am so impressed. I have to say that I am liking this brand more than I like Mac. This one is more expensive but the quality is wonderful. So here is how I wore Jules today...
Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Lid UD Jones
Crease Illamasaqua Jules
Highlight UD Rust
I really blended Jules and then I reapplied a little to blend some more.
I lined top and bottom lash line with UD Graffiti eye liner and smudged with a Mac brush
I went along lower lash line with Jules and Rust and blended
Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara
Face:
Smashbox face primer
Illamasqua liquid light foundation
Mary Kay concealer
Mac On A Mission blush
Illamasqua Metal Powder for some highlighting
Lips:
Mary Kay Whipped Berries
Mary Kay Polynesian Petals gloss
Illamasaqua's foundation is light to medium coverage. So it doesn't cover all my imperfections but I really like it and it smells like vanilla. It does take longer to work with because it has great staying power so I used a foundation brush to apply in sections and then blend with my fingers. After the foundation is applied I take a damp sponge and even it out. I do really like it though. It just takes some getting used to. So I hope you enjoy my Jules look for today.

It's a beautiful neutral!
ReplyDeleteHi Phyrra..Thanks. I really love this. This is a pricey but great brand..
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous in those colors! I just ordered the Polynesian Petals from ebay; now I'm really excited to receive it!
ReplyDelete