BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, August 17, 2009

Little Weekend Trip

This is Buckingham fountain which they have done a lot of work to since the Olympic bid
This is the Willis Tower. To Chicagoans the Sears Tower
This is on the lake...All those boats...Heavenly
My favorite. This Beluga is swimming upside down. I guess they love to swim upside down because it gives them a change of scenery...How cute...

This weekend my husband, my daughter Jules and I went into Chicago for the weekend. We take the train out of Aurora and it takes about an hour to get there on the express train. It was a very busy weekend with the Cubs game, Air and Water show going on. We went to the Shedd Aquarium. I wanted to see so badly the Beluga Whales. We have 7 there with 2 females expecting in November. There is also a young one who is 18 months. They are the most amazing gentle creatures I have ever seen. They seem to be smiling always are just a joy to watch. It was a great time. The water front where we were wasn't busy so we walked along the lake and it was very lovely. Back at the hotel the other 2 went swimming and I headed next store to Nordstroms and got asked if I had time for a makeover by Dior. Of course I had time. We did more fun things later and headed home on Sunday. It is always a great getaway and not far from home but you definitely are in a different world. I am anticipating another weekend in November or December for the holiday. It is so pretty with all the Christmas Decorations. Our city has some spectacular things to see and who knows maybe we will end up with the Olympics. We are in the running.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pics! My husband and I went to Chicago a couple years ago and we just loved it!

    -L

    ReplyDelete