BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Spa treatment

Well I think I mentioned that for mothers day my mom gave me a gift card to go to a medical spa for a treatment.  So I went in today and I really loved it.  I  had a face analysis that tells me about my skin and what kind of treatment that I need.  It was a good 2 1/2 hrs. between the consultation and facial.  It was very informative.  I actually know what skin type I am.  I have oily skin but dehydrated skin.  Sun freckles and skin discoloration.  We got rid of any black heads which needs to be done at maintenance facials.  So I am trying out a new skin care regimen.  I hardly exfoliate so now I have to 3 times a week.  I have samples of the products and we have to give it a week to give the skin a chance with the new products.  It was so very interesting.  The facials are 125.00 but for the time and the product it was amazing.  They had a special my mom didn't even know about and that was buy one service and get another free for the month of May.  So I have a free facial next month.  We are going to do a gentle but deeper facial.  I feel so much better knowing what my skin type is.  I always thought I had combo skin.  I never new oily skin could be dry or dehydrated.  The products are not priced out of this world either and I feel great about that.  I feel good knowing I finally know how to take care of my skin.  Nothing is going to get rid of my deep set wrinkles or wrinkles that are starting but if I can take care of them on a daily basis I will look and feel so much better.  It turned out to be a great day.  I also bought ColorScience sunscreen.  It is a mineral powder that I can dust on anytime.  It has a little color to it but not much.  I will be using it for a finishing powder.
I also learned that moisturizer that has sunscreen in it doesn't do much good.  Your moisturizer soaks into your skin and sunscreen is suppose to stay on top of the skin.  So being in the moisturizer isn't helping.  Minerals are suppose to be great in sun protection.  So has anyone been to a medical spa?

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great experience. Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really great experience for you! I didn't know about the moisturizer with SPF not working so well, but it sort of makes sense. I'm really glad you got to do this AND that you're getting a free one next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys for taking the time to listen!!

    ReplyDelete