BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Foundation application



Yesterday I was reading one of my favorite blogs which is mizzchievouz.blogspot.com.  She was doing her youtube video on foundation application, contouring, highlighting etc.  I learned some great tips from her.  It was a great tutorial.  I went back to my Liquid Colorstay foundation but I used the stippling method to apply.  I will tell you that worked great.  It took a lot longer to apply but it came out nice and even.  I did her highlighting and powder tricks also today.  Not as good as her she is gorgeous.  She said to use finishing powder last but only where needed.  Don't do the whole face because you spend so much time highlighting, contouring and etc. that you don't want it all covered up and to use a small fluffy brush.  These techniques worked out great so if you are interested visit her blog and youtube site.  There is a link on my blog page.  

So here is my look for today.....

Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions 
Fyrinnae Lust Bunnies
Fyrinnae Ancient Mirage
Aromaleigh bouganvilles Carolina Summer Matte deep cool pinky mauve with grey undertones
Fyrinnae A.M. Dark Fantasy

Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Rapunzel Had Extensions on lid
Lust Bunnies in crease
Ancient Mirage to highlight
Bouganvilles outer crease
A.M. Dark Fantasy to line lower lash line
Stila black eyeliner to line upper lash line
Revlon black mascara

Face:

Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation
Mary Kay blush
Aromaleigh Twilight powder in Lustre to highlight near outer eye are and a little on bridge of nose
Maybelline age rewind concealer
Mary Kay beige pressed powder on forehead and cheek area

Lips:
Stila Cherry Crush lip stain
Mac Snowgirl lip gloss

I was going to post color descriptions but it seems Fyrinnae's site isn't working right now..So sorry...So how do you like this look today...I think it came out a little more flawless than normal..I really love Fyrinnae's shadows..How about you?

7 comments:

  1. Ooh I love this look! I just ordered Rapunzel had extensions a week or so ago (and the matching lippy!!) and I can't wait for it to come!

    So are you still reading the Anita Blake? I haven't read it yet, but it seems to be up my alley. I never buy books though (library for me!) and tend to not want to read super long series because of that. How do you like them so far? I'm reading Katie MacAlister's guardian series right now, and its okay, but I just finished Stephanie Rowe's guardian series (lol diff kinds of guardians!) and I liked that better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa Kate...You will love Rapunzel had extensions..It is a great versatile color. Very beautiful. Yes I am still reading the Anita Blake books. I just finished Bloody Bones..I have to read something else for a while until I get the next books. My husbands friend has them all and we won't be seeing him this weekend. I also read the Sookie Stackhouse series which is really good..I started a book last night from the Laurell K. Hamillton books. This series is about a Fairy princess hiding out or something. Sounded good so we will see.. Who knows. But yes I am now really getting into the Anita Blake. It was a little slow at first but now I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, metallic look! You skin is flawless as well. I agree, the stippling method works great; I always use it when applying traditional makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vanessa thanks...I did have to go back to tradional sadly enough. but I never knew about the stippling method and it does give you a really nice look...I was amazed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola! This has to be one of my favorite looks from you, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beda, thank you so much...Looking back at it I really like it too....Thanks !!!!

    ReplyDelete