BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My take on Mac's Hello Kitty Too Dolly Quad



I do own the Too Dolly Quad but I love pigments so much more so I wanted to see if I could do a comparable with Fyrinnae colors so here is what I came up with:

Eyes:

Primer
Fyrinnae Looking Glass on lid....I applied it a little lighter in inner half and a little darker on outer half.
Crease Fyrinnae Kitten in heels....into vee also blended then reapplied
Highlight Fyrinnae Finnigans Wake  (one of my staples)
Lined top lash black
Bottom inner Finnigans Wake, middle Looking Glass, outer Kitten in Heels
Then went over bottom lash line outer corner with Mac's Statley Black
Black mascara

Face:

Mac Studio Fix powder foundation in NW25
Silk finishing powder
Aromaleigh Verve blush

Lips:

Mac lip liner in Cranapple on entire lip
Topped lips with Mac Cremesheen Glass in Petite Indulgence

I really think this look came out very comparable to the Mac Quad and cost very less money because all the Fyrinnae is samples which will last forever....Their products are great and so worth trying...The samples are huge....Love love love it....So I highly recommend them...You can pull off all sorts of looks....Have a great day!!!!!!!!

One more thing....Has anyone used artist brushes to apply shadows...I have about 4 and for some reason I have been using them alot lately....They only cost me a couple of dollars at Michaels and they work really well....Just a thought if you need good brushes on a budget....

8 comments:

  1. I love the look you did! Looking Glass & Kitten in Heels are gorgeous together. Bright and beautiful!

    I'd bought a few brushes from Michael's but pretty much only kept the fan brush. I really like the ecotools brushes for inexpensive but quality brushes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!!! I am so hooked on Fyrinnae and I have to thank you for letting me know about it...I looked again yesterday at Target for those eco brushes...Only a couple of like big powder brushes...No kabukis which I saw you have some gorgeous ones...That set you got I would buy but I can't find it...I so want to try them....I will have to keep searching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also check Walgreens. Hm, if you go to the page I linked above, it tells everywhere that sells the ecotools sets :) I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or rather, the page I linked in my post, the ecotools website, they list all the places you can buy them. Some of them might be closer to you than others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walgreens had a set but not that one...I want the kabuki...the longer handled one....I guess we don't have that many places that carry eco stuff around here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, these colors look great with your big brown eyes. Very springy/Easter-y.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Robyn...I love pinks and bright colors....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a great easter with your family. *big hug* thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete