BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, April 30, 2009

eye shadow blending

Tips please....Who has some great shadow application tips and blending tips...I am sure all of you do.  I would like to hear them please?

Also, what are your favorite brushes for shadow blending and application?

5 comments:

  1. Hey girl, what specifically are you having issues with?

    Here's what I do (I'll try to be brief): After applying my Aromaleigh shadow base/primer (lightly all over entire lid), I pat on my lid color. I do not sweep it across because I don't want to lose the complexity of the color. Depending on how dark of a crease color I'm using will determine the order in which I next apply my e/s. If I'm using a very dark crease color, I apply a little bit of the lid color to the crease and then apply my brow highlight color. Now all of the shadow base/primer is covered with at least a light coating of mineral powder. Then, I apply my darker crease/v color using a duo silk fiber brush (yes, it's Aromaleigh's). If I'm using a crease color that's not too dark, I go ahead and apply it right over the shadow base and then apply my brow bone highlight color.

    I use Sonja Kashuk's crease brush to apply my brow color and to blend the line between my crease and brow. I really like that edge to be well-blended. If it happens to remove some of the crease color, I just lightly brush some more on with the silk fiber brush (being careful not to go over the blended edge). Then I use my flocked sponge to clean up the outer corner, applying some more mineral foundation to the sponge if necessary. The other brushes I use are Target brushes. I use the black-handled small and large e/s brush to apply my lid color. I use the small Target smudge brush to smudge my indelible gel liners since I don't like a hard line look. If I knew how to do a video tutorial, I would. I know how helpful they can be. Anyone wanna teach me how to use the camera on my laptop? ;-)

    Krista, I hope the above info has been helpful in some way. Sorry it wasn't very brief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robyn you are great...I think I don't apply my crease right..at least the way I look at it on camera...I think I have to get that fiber optic brush because I have heard good things about it....I have been using the sponge trick you told me...It does clean things up really good...You have helped me alot....I have an imac and we have used the built in camera to screw around but nothing serious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I've been of some help to you. I should mention that when I apply my crease color, I use a windshield wiper type of sweeping motion - back and forth, back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I am blending, I mostly go from the lightest to the darkest shade (and if colors were applied side by side). A brush like MAC213 or 239 are good for this.

    If I added a darker color to the crease, I use a brush like MAC224 or 217 to blend the color doing the "windshield wiper" motion. I have to say, I began adding the darkest shade in small amounts and keep blending, adding some more if I want more depth. MAC222 is a great brush for placing the product and the Sephora #13 rounded crease brush is also a good brush for blending (denser than the 224)and cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Beda. That sounds like a good idea. I really appreciate the info. It is always so hard picking out a great brush. I do have Mac 239, 224 and the 219. The 224 I have to be careful with. I tend to over blend with it. I am getting Aromaleighs fiber optic eyeshadow brush. Everyone loves this little brush and it is around 9.00 so I had to order it. I am going to check out the Sephora 13 too. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete