BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My take on pinup look




I love the pin up looks but I just can't pull the red lips off well enough for me so I found a pin up look using pinks...this is a soft look and it is so pretty in person...I can't capture looks very well...Can't use a camera but here is what I did....

Eyes:

Primer
Aromaleigh Fawn matte shadow on whole eye
Lid Stila Kitten....this a pretty pink beige shimmer
Crease Aromaleigh Coco Bean
Aromaleigh Marsh Carolina Summer Matte to blend out coco bean
I lined a little heavier with Stila black eyeliner
I just used Marsh again under the lower lash line and a little kitten on inner lash line
Black Mascara

Face:

Bare Minerals multi tasking bisque
Aromaleigh Glissade 3WL
Silk Finishing powder
Mac Sweetness Cheek Color

Lips:
Aromaleigh Lip Balm Sugar Plum Fairy
Mac B Babe
Fyrinnae Visual Kei

I really like the softness...I usually use a lot of color on the eyes so this is so much softer.....I really like it.....Have any of you tried this look before...Any pin up looks?  What did you use?

Today is a preschool day but last for Easter Break so running around today of Course...Hope you have a happy day!!!


7 comments:

  1. I think the eye looks perfect!
    I think that the pink is ok, but a more saturated pink might have given a more pin-up look. Normally I only see them done with red creme lips.

    The bow is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there....they did use a super pretty pink on the lips but I have so many neutral pinks...nothing really pink...Now I do have red a matte one but it doesn't look right....So lips I struggle with a lot...nothing seems to stay after I put it on anyway...My eyes and cheeks are my favorite....The bow is my daughters...she doesn't know that I stole it....Ha...she is in school anyway....Have you tried a pin up look....I want to see you...I know red lips you pull off great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here is where I saw the look....I am not blonde so it isn't the same...I just liked the colors....http://www.askmemakeup.com It is the Pink Vintage Pinup Girl video....

    Being brunette the red would look more dramatic but I always stay safe..I will have to try the red again....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a pin-up look I did:
    http://decoratived.blogspot.com/2009/02/fridays-nijiro-nyx-look.html

    I've done them with the red creme lips but not for a while.

    I really like red lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I remember that look now...that wasn't long ago...you pull red lips off very well....your hair color flatters the red....I don't think I have found my red lip color yet...I think I need a deep red...with no orange in it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this look. It looks very soft with pink lips. I think you just need to keep searching for your perfect red. Have you tried Aromaleigh's Crush? It's a very soft neutral red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robyn.....I haven't tried crush ...maybe that is something I should look into...thanks for the suggestion...

    ReplyDelete